Apply for the Field School

Instructions

The application should be completed online with the link below. The first round of application evaluations typically starts on March 15; please send your application before that date for full consideration. Applicants should receive the result of the evaluation process on March 20. For successful applications, participants will be requested to make a non-refundable advance payment of 20% of the tuition as a confirmation of their participation. The other 80% will be paid up to a week before the beginning of the summer school activities.

Applications received after the March 15 deadline will be considered based on place availability. If the accepted applications fill all available places, accepted candidates whose applications were received after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list.

Comitas Field School Fellowship
: a limited number of fellowships are available to students from underrepresented minorities and students in need from developing countries. If you wish to apply for a fellowship, please send the following materials to the email fieldschool@cifas.us by April 1.

-A letter of interest in which you describe why you need the fellowship, summarize your academic history and qualifications and explain the significance of the project you will undertake. Additionally, you should describe how you position yourself regarding the target group of the fellowship (underrepresented minorities and students in need from developing countries).
-A CV.
-A letter of recommendation from a professor.

Please note that the application for the fellowship is independent of the one for the field school. You must submit your application for the field school by completing the application form by March 15 and then send the additional materials listed above to fieldschool@cifas.us by April 1. If you don’t plan to apply for the fellowship, filling out the application form is all you need to do. For more information, contact us at fieldschool@cifas.us.